Today’s engines are highly advanced and difficult to troubleshoot. That’s why JD’s Auto Repair, High Performance and Restoration technicians use sophisticated engine diagnostic tools and equipment for your vehicle computer data system to pinpoint hidden problems and worn parts.
Depending on the age and model of your vehicle, your engine tune-up service includes the following.
- A thorough inspection of your entire engine and its mechanisms
- Replacement of faulty or worn electronic engine components such as oxygen sensors and electronic control module components
- Replacement of faulty or worn spark plugs, air filters, and fuel filters
- Adjustment of your vehicle’s idle and timing
- Adjustment of the clutch (on vehicles equipped with a manual transmission)
Why are tune-ups important for my vehicle?
- Normal vehicle usage causes various parts of your engine to lose their efficiency because of under-the-hood temperature and vibration
- Regular tune-ups help maintain vehicle safety and performance by ensuring that worn or faulty parts are replaced promptly
- Tune-ups can help you achieve maximum fuel efficiency and vehicle performance
When to get a tune-up
Tune-ups are an important part of regular vehicle maintenance and should be scheduled annually. You should schedule a tune-up sooner if you notice any of the following:
- Your gas mileage is decreasing
- You experience a loss of power or torque
- Your engine sounds like it’s running rough or stalls out at a stop
- You hear knocking or pinging sounds when accelerating or after the ignition is turned off
- Your check engine light remains on after your initial start