You love your car, and you love it enough to invest in custom auto body and paint services in Huntingdon Valley. We’re always happy to see the delight on our customers’ faces when they pick up their vehicles, and we also want to ensure that smile never fades. So, let’s look at how to get Most from Custom Auto Body and Paint Services in Huntingdon Valley, PA.
What Do Custom Body and Paint Services Entail?
If you’ve ever been in a fender-bender or had a shopping cart or car door ding your vehicle in a parking lot, you’ve probably had body and paint services for your car. Where these services repair damage to your vehicle, custom body and paint services differ. These allow you to make your car unique and your own. From new paint colors to fiberglass panels, custom work gives your vehicle its look and expresses your style.
Caring for Your Customized Car
You came to us for your custom auto body and paint job, and you’re leaving happy. Now it’s time to ensure you stay satisfied with your car’s look and style. Fortunately, caring for your vehicle only takes a little work, which as someone who loves your car, we know you’re only too happy to do.
- Wait for that first wash. You will be tempted to wash your car after the first appearance of dirt. While yes, you should remove any excess dirt or mud from your new paint job, you should give your vehicle a good two weeks before you give it a complete wash.
- Avoid automatic car washes. While an automatic carwash is convenient (and we’re not going to lie, watching those giant wheel brushes go cool!), it’s not the best place for your custom vehicle. An automatic carwash can damage your paint over time. It can also damage custom bodywork.
- Wash your car by hand. Use a mile vehicle soap and fresh water to wash your car. Don’t use circular strokes when you pass. Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap and loose dirt, and dry your vehicle with microfiber towels. Avoid using household towels, as these will scratch your paint over time. Don’t forget the trim, lights, grill, bumper, and wheels when you wash your vehicle. You want your whole car to look good.
How often should you wash your car? How often you need to wash your car will vary depending on how you use your vehicle. The general rule is every two weeks. However, if you’re driving along dirt roads or on salted highways (like in winter), you want to wash more frequently to avoid damage to your paint.
- Seal your paint job. Applying wax or synthetic coating after you wash helps protect your car from dirt, dust, and other daily wear-and-tear dangers. Which is better, wax or synthetic coating? That depends on the type of paint used for your custom job. Our expert techs can tell you which is best for your vehicle.
- Address damage right away. If you notice scratches in your new paint or any other damage to your body, address it as soon as possible. Scratches in your paint allow water, oxygen, and dirt to damage your paint and vehicle further. Damage to your custom work can spread through normal wear and tear if not repaired.
Are You Looking for Auto Body and Paint Services in Huntingdon Valley, PA?
If you want a new paint job, need body repairs following a collision, or wish to restore a classic or muscle car, contact us to schedule an appointment.